When : Wednesday May 10, 2023 @ 6:30-8:30PM
Where: Sun Lakes Country Club in the Navajo Room
Who: Approx. 80 people
- Chairman Michael Tennant welcomed everyone and led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance and the
- Shane Krauser spoke on “How to Advocate for Freedom and Win Every Time”. Shane Krauser has been recognized as one of the most dynamic speakers and educators on liberty and the U.S. Constitution. He has been called by many “the best instructor of freedom and the U.S. Constitution in the country,” and he has testified before the U.S. Congress. Shane has traveled internationally teaching others how to effectively advocate for small, streamlined government and the essential ingredients of a free society at over 2000 speaking engagements around the world, including Mexico, Peru, and Canada. He taught Constitutional Law for over 15 years at two Arizona colleges and has spoken to thousands of high school, college, and university students. Krauser also taught at the Phoenix and Glendale police academies for more than 10 years. Shane worked as a trial attorney for 14 years, serving both as a prosecutor and as a criminal defense attorney. He was a radio talk show host for three years and toured and shared the stage with Glenn Beck for 18 months. Shane recently announced his candidacy for mayor of Gilbert, AZ. He and his amazing wife have six children.
Here are some highlights from his speech:
- We are a Republic not a democracy. A Republic will protect the rights of ALL the citizens, even those in the minority. A democracy protects the rights only of the majority.
- In his opinion, presently the 3 main threats to the Republic are: Freedom of Speech, people getting censured and canceled, Bureaucratic Industrial Complex where politicians are bribed and stop doing the job their constituents elected them to do, they create bureaucracies which make regulations to control our lives, ie, EPA, Dept. of Education, FBI, etc. and finally Election Integrity, without which there are no fair elections.
- He gave us this idea of how to win arguments or controversies over leftist policies: If you encounter people who think they are left leaning liberals, ask them these 3 questions:
- Do you want to be left alone by the government? They will say YES.
- Do you believe the government should follow the rules? They will say YES.
- Should you be able to keep what you earn? They will say YES.
- Then compare all the left leaning policies to that list with them and see how many are in complete contrast to what they just said they actually want.
- He suggested reading the book “How to Win Friends and Influence People” to see how to deal with difficult people on difficult issues.
- He said we need to “get serious” about who we are sending to LOCAL government. In his opinion the local scene is our final hope when it comes to preserving the Republic. When the federal government attempts to impose its will on a state, the local government can “nullify” the attempt if they act in unison.
- He said to ask people “Do you prefer “Dangerous Freedom or “Peaceful Tyranny”? (a quote from Thomas Jefferson)
- Vet candidates in a way to see if they understand that their role in government should be to “secure the rights of the people”.
- He suggested 2 books that he has written: “Your Nation to Save” and “What is Freedom? !s it For You?”.
- See more about Shane Krauser at: https://shanekrauser.com/
- Next State Senator JD Mesnard updated us on the AZ legislature. He said they just passed a state budget and were able to do this without losing the EPAs (Empowerment Scholarship Accounts) . AZ joined 21 other states passing bills to protect women’s sports. The AZ budget includes money to assist in rebates for families with children and money for infrastructure like roads. Sen. Pawlik announced she will not run again for the AZ House of Representatives, but Jeff Wenniger may decide to run.
- It was announced, due to vacations, there will be no “in person” meetings in the months of June, July and August. The next meeting will be in the same location on Wednesday September 13th.
- The 50/50 raffle was a prize of $50 for the winning ticket holder.