When : Wednesday, April 13, 2022, 6:30 PM – 8:30 PM
Where: Sun Lakes Country Club Phase One
Who: about 100 in attendance
- Chairman Michael Tennant greeted the guests. He also led the Pledge of Allegiance and the Invocation.
- The first speakers were candidates for Governor and introduced by Carolyn McCorkle:
- The next speakers were candidates for AZ Attorney General:
- The next speaker was running for AZ State Superintendent of Public Instruction
- Next we had the AZ Legislative update. Our representative, JD Mesnard, explained what the bills are intended to do that he had introduced to the legislature and sent to Governor Ducey’s desk for signature. He says these will increase and protect AZ election integrity going forward. You can see an in person report about election integrity from both JD and Michelle Urgent-Rita here on Facebook at a live outdoor meeting on the lawn by the capitol which took place on April 19th.
- There was next a debate by the candidates for Governor (see #1 above). They each got the same 3 questions and had 15 minutes to address them. Here are the 3 questions that were asked:
- What will you do to protect AZ citizen’s constitutional rights against Federal mandates?
- Why are you most likely of all the Republican candidates to win over the Democrat candidate?
- What is the most important responsibility of the governor and why are you the most qualified candidate?
- Special Surprise Guest:
- Andy Biggs: Andy gave us an update on what is going on in Washington DC. He took many questions after his brief talk. Most of the questions were concerns about the border crisis.
- The 50/50 raffle was a total of $72 to the winner.
- The gun raffle is still available for people to enter. The winner will be drawn at the May meeting on May 11th.