Sun Lakes Republican Club February 9th Meeting
When: Wednesday, March 9, 2021 6:30-8:30PM
Where: Sun Lakes Country Club #1 in the Navajo Room
Who: Approximately 100 people
- Chairman Michael Tennant greeted everyone and led them in the Invocation and the Pledge of Allegiance.
- 1st Vice Chairman Carolyn McCorkle introduced the people who are running for offices in 2022. They gave a brief overview of their stands on issues facing the residents of Arizona and their reasons for wanting to run for office.
- Josh Askey: Running for AZ State Representative
- Julie Willoughby: Running for AZ State Representative
- Ron Hardin: Running for AZ State Representative
- Tiffany Shedd: Running for AZ Attorney General
- Mick McGuire: Running for US Senate in Washington, DC
- Justin Olson: Running for US Senate in Washington, DC
- Our Keynote Speaker was Jonathan Gilliam. He is the author of “Sheep No More: The Art of Awareness and Survival”. Jonathan Gilliam is a former U.S. Navy Seal, Federal Air Marshal, Security Contractor, and FBI Special Agent. He began his career in service as a Police Officer, before receiving his commission in the United States Navy at Officer Candidate School (OCS). He then attended Basic Underwater Demolition / SEAL (BUD/S) training and US Army RANGER School and was forward deployed as Officer in Charge (OIC) in Central and South America as a Navy SEAL Officer on Counter Drug/Narcotics missions. In 2002, Gilliam stepped out of military service and into an undercover role as a Federal Air Marshal flying on US transcontinental flights, including flights that were being targeted on 9/11/2012. After serving our nation in the air, Gilliam operated as a SecuritySpecialist for the US Department of Homeland Security, where he was responsible for performing threat assessments and instructing soft target sectors how they could target themselves from an attacker’s perspective in order to build awareness for action and better defenses for reaction to attacks. From 2005-2013, Gilliam served as FBI Special Agent in the New York Office on criminal and counterterrorism squads. Gilliam conducted 1000s of hours of surveillance, served as co-case and case agent, led arrest teams, and functioned as the Special Events Management Unit (SEMU) Coordinator, where he developed threat assessments on targets in the New York area. As the FBI Rapid Deployment Team Coordinator, Gilliam outfitted and assisted in coordinating the deployment of agents to Benghazi to investigate the crime scene in Libya following the terrorist attack that killed Ambassador Christopher Stevens, Sean Smith, Glen Doherty, and Tyrone Woods. Currently, Gilliam is the Chief Marketing Officer of ConnectZing Media, a partner at Campaign Strategy and Consulting, and a network news contributor. He has made over 1000 appearances on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, NEWSMAX, OANN, BBC, and other global and local news networks. Gilliam is also on Sirius XM wherehe hosts his own podcast, The EXPERTS, which is consistently ranked in the top 50 News Commentary podcasts on iTunes. https://www.jonathantgilliam.com He encouraged the attendees to get involved in the election and to find candidates they can support. He says the involvement of the populace is the only way to turn the Republican Party around . He recommended that we take time to take the same oath that those who are becoming US citizens have to take. It says: “I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.”
- The 50/50 Raffle money of $43 was donated back to the club by the raffle winner. Thank you!
- The next meeting will be in the same room on April 13, 2022. Details TBA.
- The meeting announcement for the March meeting was not sent out by email this month. It was however published in the Sun Lakes Splash newspaper and was posted on the SLRC website at slgop.org.
- If you are ever wondering where a meeting will be held, or when the meeting is, or what the subject for any particular month will be, you can find out by going to that website. We try to keep you updated and informed and are not sure why the email didn’t go out. We apologize for any inconvenience this caused.
- If you are worried that you are not getting your emails, you should first do a search and see if the SLRC emails are going to your spam or junk mail. You can search this address (email@example.com) on your email and when you do all the SLRC emails that have been sent to you should appear. If you have no luck with that, then contact the Secretary (PK) at firstname.lastname@example.org. She can check the MailChimp website and see if you are listed correctly.
- –If you ever accidentally “unsubscribed” the Mailchimp website will stop sending you the emails. The only way to “re-subscribe” is for you, personally, to go to the following link , fill it out and submit it. The secretary cannot intervene in a situation when someone has unsubscribed. Here is the link.
- –You can also go to the SLRC website and on every page, near the bottom, there is a link to sign up for our emails. We hope this makes things a bit easier for you!
Comments are closed.