When: October 12, 2022 6:30-8:30PM
Where: Sun Lakes Country Club Phase One, Navajo Room
Who: approximately 180 people
- Chairman Mike Tennant welcomed the guests. He led the Pledge of Allegiance and the Invocation, too.
- The attendees were led in the Star Spangled Banner by one of the guests by the name of Bill who played his harmonica. We would like to know his last name!
- The first speaker was U.S. Congressman Andy Biggs. He encouraged everyone to vote because this election can affect us for years to come. If you want to see his stands on the issues here is his website: https://biggs.house.gov
- The next speaker was Cory Mishkin. https://coryforcap.com He is the 5th candidate we should vote for for the AZ CAP Water Conservation District.
- The next speaker was AZ State Representative Mark Finchem. He is running against Adrian Fontes for the Secretary of State position. https://votefinchem.com He is running on the promise to keep our elections fair and transparent by insuring secure elections.
- Our next speaker was Scot Mussi, President of the Free Enterprise Club of AZ https://azfree.org/about/ He discussed the propositions on the 2022 ballot and explained the stances of the Free Enterprise Club on each one.
- Finally our “Keynote Speaker” Blake Masters, Republican Candidate for US Senate from AZ, spoke. He made the importance of this election clear and pointed out how we need to have the majority in the Senate if we want to start to fix what has happened in our state and country after just 2 devastating years under democratic control. Afterwards there was time for Q&A from the audience. https://www.blakemasters.com
- AZ State Senator JD Mesnard gave a brief talk about his campaign and the election. He encouraged us to support candidates who are running as Republicans and to vote because the democrat’s (extremists from out of state) have dumped millions of dollars to try to defeat him and them. Our LD13 is pivotal to keeping a majority in the AZ Legislature. https://www.jdmesnard.com
- Lastly Kurt Rohrs spoke about the importance of getting Republicans on the Chandler school board so as to protect our children from indoctrination going on in the schools. https://www.kurtrohrsforcusd.com
- The 50/50 Raffle was $225, the club received $112 and the winner received $113.
- The meeting in November will be Nov. 9 at 6:30 PM. The speakers will be Keith DeGreen and Cindy Biggs. What are the founding principles of America? Is Government of the people, by the people, and for the people simply a failed experiment? Are we adults in charge of our fate, or are we children to be coddled by a nanny state? What are the roots of democratic capitalism? Is American exceptionalism a myth? How has free enterprise accommodated society’s changing needs? Are there better alternatives, as some contend? Most importantly, how can we defend our Republic for future generations? What post-election policies might we expect out of Washington? What will be the impact of the election on the national economy and the markets? These are just a few of the questions that will be addressed by speaker Keith DeGreen.
- SLRC Cowboy Christmas Dinner Dance seats are still on sale! Contact PK at email@example.com if you want to reserve a whole table or buy a few seats! The flyer with all the details is being sent by email to those on our email list. If you want to be on the email list here is the link to be added on: http://eepurl.com/dIaCqz